The Social Triangle - Our Vision
The Social Triangle movement works towards assimilating the threefold social perception in the Israeli society, meaning the state, economic entities and civilian society will act as three independent systems as a means to fulfill the three ideals of liberty, equality and fraternity.
The Main Goal
Our main goal is defining the areas of expertise and course of action of three independent bodies - civilian, economic and political and their interaction, given:
- Each of the three divisions develop their unique field professionally while achieving to fulfill freedom for the civilian section, equality in the political section and fraternity in the economical section.
- Each of the three sections will act without undermining the basic independence and purpose of the others.
- All three bodies will work in full accordance with one another.
The social threefold in Israel
The Israeli society, which is composed of many different sectors, religions and ethnic groups is standing in front of enormous challenges now days. The social economic gap, the Jewish-Arab conflict and many other social crises brings more and more people to ask for a better understanding of the social organism in order to heal and change society
The Social Triangle movement brings the tri-sectorial perception into the Israeli society to a re-definition of the roles of politics, economy and society. The social triangle has embraced a main goal of action toward changing the perception of leadership so that the official state will act as one out of three major structures and will only have specific and systemic responsibilities, whilst the civilian structure will be re-assigned its proper place for leading the community life.
The Social Triangle movement
The Social Triangle movement has been established in January 2012, with the purpose of implementing the threefold social concept in the Israeli society. Five pioneer working teams are currently at process of learning together the threefold social model, as well as creating more accessible texts and discuss different questions concerning the present social challenges.
In parallel, three national forums are being formed – an economic forum, a political forum and a civil-cultural forum. Each forum will act in two opposite directions: inwardly, in administering the movement from the unique perspective of that specific domain; and outwardly – in the public arena. The political forum, for example, will be in charge of the legal aspects of the movement and will influence and act in the Israeli politic field.
The forums will gather the working teams' participants who wish to deepen their knowledge in one of the branches as well as professionals and other social activists. The national forums, as the working teams, are the beginning of applying threefoldness of sectors within the movement itself and in Israeli society at large.
The Social Triangle movement, at this crucial stage of foundation, seeks partners and support all over the globe.
- Formulating position papers in major disciplines of society, following the triangular model, for a detailed representation of the realization of the tri-sectorial perception.
- Creating co-operations with other civilian and businesslike organizations, in order to promote the model and the ways to implement it.
- Promoting the movement's initiatives within political grounds, for the distribution of the tri-sectorial perception idea and the ways to implement it within the political framework and in local municipalities.
- Inserting the perception of the tri-sectorial model into the Israeli discourse, in order to uncover this train of thought to more and more civilians.
- Hausserstiftung, Germany
- Forum 3, Germany
- Acacia Verein, Switzerland
- Evidenz Foundation, Switzerland
- Edith Maryon Foundation, Switzerland